Wednesday 19 August 2015

Lomo dry holdall

A few days ago the Lomo dry bags I ordered arrived. Build quality was superb on both of them, however the 40 litre holdall turned out to be just too big for what I need, so those kind folk at Lomo offered to replace it with the 30l without any fuss.  I can't recommend them highly enough.

Construction of this replacement 30l seems at least as good as my Ortlieb 49l which cost more than twice as much.  Despite 30l being a relatively modest capacity, I'd say it actually holds more than that based on other 30l luggage I've seen. It's compact enough for a motorcycle but holds enough for a week on the bike easily.

So, it's a roll-top holdall, with the opening along the length of it so you can get to any of the contents easily without emptying everything out.  There are compression straps between the handles if you look closely, and also at the sides so that all looks good.  It's made out of a rubberised PVC type material with good construction on the seams, which are folded in then bonded.  There is a double-layer of this material behind those handles, which are attached along a strip approx 10" long down the side of the bag.  Dry bags are often hard to choose the right size (as proven by me having to send the last one back) so I'll help you out here - this one, packed and closed, is 21" wide.

Very happy with this, should do a good job and keep all my kit nice and dry.  At just £19 it's a no-brainer, and contrast that to my Ortlieb which was around £60...

Visit Lomo on their UK website.  Highly recommended and very affordable.








No comments:

Post a Comment