Friday 30 January 2015

21 days to go...!

Well it's getting close to the start of NB II. We're all quite excited at this stage, seriously looking forward to getting on the road and enjoying what this amazing country has to offer. 

Last minute checks and prep are underway. Visa's are sorted. Jabs are done (ouch!). Bike kit is pretty much there, and we're now approaching the point where there won't be time to order any cheap gear off ebay from China/Hong Kong anyway. Packing lists are mostly done too.

About a week before the trip I'll start doing the last minute stuff. Clearing off memory cards, charging everything up that I'm taking (camera, Nexus, USB charge stick), getting chargers and spares together, and documents and photocopies that I will need such as driving licence, travel insurance and airport & hotel bookings. Also putting to one side clothes that I'll be taking so they aren't in the wash, and let's not forget ordering some currency since that can take a week to arrive.  Since it's going to be Tet (Vietnamese New Year) when we arrive, and much of the country shuts down somewhat, it's possible that ATM's will have run out of currency so we decided it's best to take some.

One other thing we did last year as a precaution was to each email each ther our emergency contact info, copies of our travel insurance, passports, and details of any medical conditions we may have.

One recent acquisition that I'm testing out prior to the trip is this compact action camera.  I call it my NoPro.  It's only a budget model but is supposed to be waterproof, and 720p. I'm thinking I'll either mount it to the handlebars then I can set it recording if we're on a decent road or scenic area, or I can bodge it to the back of my bike facing backwards to capture whoever's riding behind me at the time.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment