Thursday 8 January 2015

Ouch!

Well, continuing my tradition of great timing, I've somehow managed to crack two ribs on the upper left side while playing with my kids in the park at the weekend.  I've broken most of the ribs on my right side at various times in the past, so obviously my body decided to start work on the left.

I'm not even sure how I did it, I was chasing them around, fell actually on my right side but with momentum from running at the time I somehow managed to twist and take the impact on my left.  Either way, a few days in they are now hurting with a vengeance.  Sleep is hard to come by, I'm dosing up on painkillers and my ribs just seize up whenever I sit still or get to sleep.  To make matters worse, I'm full of a cold and every time I sneeze or cough my ribs hurt good and proper. Please don't email me any funny jokes.

The double-whammy is it will get in the way of me doing much cycling, which I tend to do as good prep for long days in the saddle when we're in Nam.  Being on a motorbike can still be physically draining, and when you combine that with the humidity and temperatures typical of Vietnam it does take it out of you. Making sure you're in shape before doing a trip like this is always a good idea.  The good news is that with 6 weeks to go I should be fine with plenty of time to spare before the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment