Monday 19 January 2015

...now where's that kitchen sink...?

I had a kit sort out the other day to get an idea of just how big a suitcase I'll be needing.  After sorting through all my bike kit and removing anything not used on the last trip, or deemed not necessary it looks something like this...




  • Takai open face helmet
  • Pro-grip MX goggles
  • ESS V12 goggles (changeable lenses, used by the military and paintballers for eye protection)
  • A couple of neck tubes to keep the dust at bay
  • Scott Freeride enduro trousers
  • Forcefield Limb Tubes knee armour (wear under enduro trousers)
  • Armoured shorts (wear under enduro trousers)
  • RST Ventilator II Jacket - armoured, has mesh panels and removable thermal and waterproof linings
  • Alpinestars Supermoto gloves
  • Aldi boots
  • Waterproof goretex gloves
  • Two-piece waterproof jacket and trousers
  • Nexus 7 android tablet with USB/OTG adapter and SD card reader - this allows me to upload photos from my camera via the Nexus
  • Samsung Galaxy mini - simple smartphone with easy accessible normal sized SIM, to accept local SIM cards rather than run up roaming charges
  • Olympus TG820 tough/waterproof camera & SD cards
  • 6000mah USB charge battery
  • Overboard 20 litre waterproof rucksack
  •  2 x 40 litre dry bags (these will be used in the panniers that the bikes include)
  • Kriega Pocket Kube (goes on handlebars with my camera in it, or on rucksack)
  • Kriega Stash - like a huge wallet with lots of compartments, great for keeping cards, currencies and keys in
  • Polo waist pack - I realised a rucksack will stop half the mesh vents working on my jacket if it's hot, so this sits on your waist and at a  minimum will have my wallet and passport so they're always with me. Can also take a drinks bottle.
  • Bungee cords
  • Medical stuff - insect repellent, bite spray, ibuprofen etc
  • Power adapters
  • And lastly my trusty brimmed adventure hat!

In addition to this lot I'll also need general clothing and toiletries for 12 days.  Should all just about go in a normal sized suitcase since I always carry my helmet on the plane with me, as with the rucksack.

No comments:

Post a Comment